Projectmates is a proud sponsor and supporter of the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA), which is North America's only dedicated organization that addresses the interests of professional construction and program management. CMAA serves both owner and service provider practitioners, creating opportunities for professional growth and networking for its members.
CMAA holds several events and conferences nationwide to connect the construction management industry, including the CMAA National Conference & Trade Show, Capital Projects Symposium, Rising CM Conference, an annual golf tournament, and just recently, the 3rd annual Project Achievement Awards in the North Texas Chapter.
Every year, the Project Achievement Awards recognizes America's leading construction and program managers and their innovative projects around the world. The project award categories included Transportation, Education, Water/Wastewater/Industrial/Power/Utilities, Healthcare, Commercial/Sports/Entertainment/Hospitality, Government, Residential/Mixed-Use, and Environmental.
This year, the event was the largest one yet, bringing together 230 industry leaders. Following the meet & greet, the award ceremony took place, where the CMAA Board Officer President, Steven Solka, opened with an overview of the organization, continued efforts, recognized key members of the group, and moderated the program of the night. The national level President & CEO of CMAA, Bruce D'Agostino, engaged the audience with the mission of CMAA and what the future holds. Guest speaker Baker Ashiwaya, CMAA's education/scholarship chair, spoke about the scholarships that were awarded to several bright students pursuing a career in construction management. Projectmates' very own Nicole Countryman presented the Project Achievement Awards, and to wrap up the night, the Ethos Education Group's Executive Director/President, Michael Davis, talked about Ethos' partnership with CMAA and shared vision in growing the interest of youths in the construction management industry.
Distinguished Owner Honorees:
- Javier Fernandez – Arlington ISD
- Jeff Ray – North Texas Municipal Water District
- Steve Fortenberry – Plano ISD
- Buzz Pishkur – City of Arlington Water Utilities
- Mark Simon – City of Dallas Water Utilities
- Vince Yauger – UT Dallas Office of Facilities, Planning, Construction
- Doug Wiersig – City of Ft. Worth Transportation & Public Works
Clients of the Year:
- Brian Barth – District Engineer, TxDot, Ft. Worth District
- Duane Milligan – Director of Construction, TxDOT, Dallas District
- Loyl Bussell – District Engineer, TxDOT, Ft. Worth District
"Of the Year" Awards
- CCM of the Year – Robbie Thompson, P.E., CCM, Foster CM Group
- Volunteer of the Year – Baker Ashiwaya, AECOM
- CCM Member Firm of the Year – AECOM
- CM Member Firm of the Year – Burns & McDonnell
- Industry Firm of the Year – Intertek PSI
- Saul Lopez – Texas A&M
- Rafael Garcia – UT Tyler
- Ryan Harris – Texas Tech
- Vikas Banamigi – UNT
- Sahar Habibzadeh – UT Arlington
- Bo Hawthorne – Texas A&M
- Stanley Meczywor – Tarrant County College
- Reconstruction Runway 8L-26R
- United Airlines IAH New Terminal C North
Buildings – New Construction
- Preston Garage
- Presented to: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- TCU Worth Hills Parking Garage
- Farmer Bros. Coffee Manufacturing Plant & HQ
Buildings – Renovations/Modernization
- Flora Street Cafe
- Shields Elementary School Reconstruction
There are so many talented CM firms in Texas that have successfully delivered countless projects to the community; the North Texas Chapter decided to create a Project Achievement Awards Program. The program is designed to not only recognize project successes, but to help capital project Owners realize the benefits of using professionally qualified construction managers." – Nicole Countryman, Systemates Director of Sales
When the average person hears the words “construction industry” it is unlikely that the first thoughts to pop into their head are synonymous with the environment, conservation, or sustainability, but..
Photo Courtesy of the Renzo Piano Building Workshop In 2015, Kum & Go announced that the world-famous Renzo Piano would be designing its new HQ in Des Moines, Iowa. The building, dubbed as the “Krause..